The Shure 55SH II Dynamic Vocal Microphone provides the Shure classic UNlDYNE II design coupled with modern acoustic components to meet today’s performance standards. The 55SH II microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
Shure 55SH II Dynamic Vocal Microphone Features
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast case and mechanical design for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
55SH Series II Includes Swivel Stand Mount Base, On-Off Switch
The 55SH Series II from Shure has a low-impedance balanced output designed for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms. The mic features a cartridge shock mount to reduce stand noise, an On/Off switch, and an attached, self-tensioning, 5/8 inch-27 thread swivel mount. The 55SH II mic is ideal for public address or theater-stage sound systems, as well as for broadcasting, recording, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.