The Additional Features on the Harmony G XT Will Make You Want to Sing… Literally!
This awesome vocal effects processor and harmonizer has an added spring to its step. After improving the guitar controlled harmony algorithm and including high quality reverbs that give it the edge any harmonizer in its price range. Harmony G XT will improve your tone and surround your voice with pro effects and vocal harmony. Lets not forget that the XT adds an innovative manual key selection for vocalists who don’t use an instrument!
Harmony G XT adds a wealth of new features that make it a better-sounding and easier-to-use vocal effect footpedal than its predecessor.
- Improved NaturalPlay guitar-controlled harmony algorithm
- Front-of-house quality reverb algorithm and selection of styles from VoiceLive 2
- Selection of four overdub-style doubling effects with two more doubling voices available
- Reworked FX presets offer even more utility across music styles
- USB computer connection for
- Software updates and tips
- Preset backup using the included VoiceSupport applet
- Adaptive harmony gate added to Tone for a cleaner mix
- Easy manual selection of Scale and Key for singers without an instrument or horn players
But letsnot forget all the original features still used from the successful original, the Harmony G.
- Listens to guitar and voice to create correct harmony parts automatically
- Tone switch smooths vocals with adaptive Live Engineer Effects
- 18 combinations of reverb, delay and µmod shared by vocal and guitar input
- 10 presets available, each with A/B options
- Harmony interval selection includes 3rds and 5ths above and below, octave up and down, and the unique Bass interval
- Stereo or mono configurable output
- Clean, studio quality mic preamp with phantom power and XLR input
- Guitar signal can be mixed in and share reverb or passed through to separate amplifier
- Fast, accurate guitar tuner
Easy Harmony Generation
Harmony-G XT has a good ear for music. It listens to your performance and decides what harmony notes would sound best with your song. Connect your guitar and a mic, choose one of the presets, play guitar and sing. No special guitar pickups, pre-programming, or extensive musical knowledge are required in order to use Harmony-G XT.
Choose Your Sound
You’re in control of a wide range of useful, exciting sounds. From a standing position you can switch through the five factory presets, each with a unique setting of effects, harmony and doubling and then choose the A or B effect within each preset. If you only need three presets or you want up to ten, this is configurable in Harmony-G XT.
You can edit the presets easily and store them as your personal combination. For example, the harmony voice interval range offers you an combination of two of the following including two of the same for added thickness:
- Higher and Low which center around a 5th above or 4th below
- High and Lower which center around a 3rd above or 6th below
- Bass, which sings the root of your guitar chord even if you’re singing other notes
- Octave up and down
The FX for each preset can be selected as well. Each of the categories of Hall, Room, Echo, Slap, Combi and SFX has three alternates. These are more than just add-on effects! These are the real deal from VoiceLive 2 including combinations of reverb, delay and µmod (micromod) that will put you and your harmony voices in a professional sounding, immersive space.
In a recording you can layer your lead melody to create extra thickness. Live, it’s not so easy. The Double button on Harmony-G XT activates a realistic, overdub style doubling effect on your voice that you can use alone or in tandem with the harmony voices. You have four options for doubling you can choose from:
- The default: 1 voice with tightest humanization
- 1 voice with looser, more natural humanization
- 2 tight voices
- 2 natural voices
Better Overall Tone
Don’t let that simple-looking Tone button fool you. Beneath is a professional signal chain including:
- Adaptive Shape – a unique boom reduction and brightness enhancer
- Compression – smoothing peaks and gently raising low level detail
- De-ess – reduces harsh consonant sounds
- Adaptive gate – which can help reduce feedback while reducing harmonized chattering of instruments when you’re not singing.
Once Tone is activated, it remains in effect when harmonies are on and off and even in Bypass so you can chat with your audience using the same great tone as when you sing.
Connect To Your Computer
Harmony-G XT has a USB connection and a free, included web applet called VoiceSupport which allows easy backup and restore of your presets to a computer, fast product registration and up-to-date news on software updates, tips and tricks and demo videos.